Clarion strives to give customers the best possible medical transportation experience
Medical transportation can be a confusing ordeal for individuals. The tasks of scheduling and figuring out insurance coverage may feel overwhelming, especially in times when feeling better should be your primary concern.
Clarion is here to help every customer have the best possible medical transportation experience, from start to finish. That means:
- On time, every time — We schedule your pickup to make sure you won't be late for your medical treatment appointments.
- Help with insurance — We work closely with you to navigate your insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid, and ensure coverage is compatible.
- Door-to-door, not curb-to-curb — While most transport companies provide curb-to-curb service, Clarion's service begins at your door and continues to the door at your destination.
- Courteous professionals — Our drivers and EMTs will show you the kindness and respect that every customer deserves.
- Answers to your questions — Our highly trained representatives will answer all of your questions clearly and patiently.
- Appropriate vehicle — Whatever your level of medical need, we have the right vehicle and trained personnel.
- Private Transport — Clarion private pay customers have the option of requesting a wheelchair-accessible Private Van. With a sleek black exterior and comfortable interior, this is a great option for a quiet, stylish and comfortable ride.
- Group transportation —Our Wheelchair Bus can accommodate up to five wheelchairs and several seats for group transportation. This is the ideal option for when you need to travel with a large group of friends or family.
Below are answers to questions frequently asked by individuals seeking non-emergncy medical transportation. There are more answers on our FAQ page. For additional questions or to request service, call Clarion at 610-783-1122.
Does my insurance cover my transportation costs?
Because insurance coverage varies greatly, depending on the policy and the type of transportation needed, eligibility must be determined on an individual basis. In general, ambulance services are covered if the transport is deemed medically necessary. Most insurance companies adhere to Medicare guidelines for medical necessity. In most cases, your doctor will determine whether ambulance transportation is medically necessary. Some insurance companies also require authorization for services prior to the time of transport. If you need assistance in determining whether your insurance company will cover the transport, either contact the insurer directly or call our office at 610-783-1122 during regular business hours and we will be happy to assist you.
Is transportation available for obese and bariatric patients?
Yes. Clarion deploys a specialized bariatric unit with a hydraulic stretcher and equipment specific to these kind of transports.
What is the weight limit on your wheelchair lift and how wide is the lift?
The lifts on our para-transit vans accommodate a combined weight of 750lbs and have a 31" width. Alternatively, we can provide a bariatric ambulance.
What if I do not have insurance coverage for medical transport?
Clarion Medical accepts credit cards, debit cards, checks, money orders, and online payments. We are also able to assist you with payment over the phone. Click here for additional help and information.